Shape Games is an award-winning digital b2b platform and service provider for the iGaming industry.
We operate across Europe, North America and South America with our native omni-channel frontend platform, alongside our agnostic control panel that makes operations and integration of providers simple, quick and cost effective.
The module-based solution is state-of-the-art and tested at scale with a number of market leading clients.
Will you be the next colleague to join us on this exciting journey? Sharing your knowledge with the rest of us and learn from us in return? We'd be following together the newest technology trends and have fun along the way.
THE AGREEMENT TYPE
🧩 This is intended to be a Long-term Service Provider Contract.
🧩 You are welcome to work fully remote.
🧩 You are even more welcome if interested in sharing a co-working space, from time to time. This is arranged by the company to connect the colleagues based in and around Budapest.
🧩 And, of course, you are also welcome to visit us at the headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, on a regular basis. Particularly for the many social events we run throughout the year.
Note: If you are interested in relocating to Denmark, or to work remotely from anywhere else in Europe, please check the other positions available on our career page.
SOME OF THE THINGS WE LOOK FOR
• Experience with developing native iOS apps using Swift and the iOS SDK.
• Motivation to become a part of and learn from a team of experienced and passionate developers for iOS, Android and the web.
• Interest in design patterns and well-structured code and workflows.
AS OUR iOS DEVELOPER, YOU WILL...
• Participate in the creation of scalable software.
• Join one of the cross-platforms engineering teams, each one having a size of 6 to 10 people.
• Be able to operate in an open, inspiring and trust-based environment, where your voice will be heard in matters concerning your team.
• Be assigned a mentor, regardless of your experience level, for the first weeks at work, just so you can get familiar with the product and the Shape Games ways of working.
• Join us in achieving the best user experience using native technologies from Apple.
• Fully embrace the Swift programming language and follow the Swift Evolution closely, taking advantage of any new features that we can see providing value.
• Contribute to expand our modular architecture: this has so far resulted in more than 50 swift packages that can be combined to create highly customisable sportsbetting apps (we use Swift Package Manager for dependency management).
• Join us in using many exciting technologies including Reactive Programming with the framework developed by some of our colleagues, ReactiveKit. (Recently we have also been quite excited about the introduction of concepts like Swift Async Algorithms.)
WORKING HOURS AND SPECIFICATIONS
⏱ Full-time, 37.5 hours a week.
📍 This is a remote position, with the option to share a co-working space, in Budapest, Hungary.
✈️ We would expect you will be visiting us every couple of months in Copenhagen, Denmark.
💬 English proficiency is a must. Other language skills are not expected.
💎 Read more about why to choose Shape Games on our career page.
📝 Application via the company career site
🕵🏻 CV screening by a Talent Acquisition representative - within 2-3 days
📋 Additional questions sent to the candidate [1 or 2 non-technical questions may be asked, with an optional video and/or text answers]
👥 1st online meeting with a Talent Acquisition representative
🧑💻 Take-home assignment - a small application to work on from scratch
💁 2nd meeting - technical interview with a panel of senior developers [may be in person or on video, according to the candidate's location and preference]
👨👩👧👦 3rd meeting - with the Engineering manager [more informal one, helpful for both parties to get acquainted before deciding "it's a match"!]
Note: We are ready to fill the spot as soon as a good match is found.
WHAT CAN YOU FIND AT SHAPE GAMES
⭐️ A competitive salary. Your monthly salary may range between 5,000 and 7,500 EUR, in accordance with experience and capabilities.
⚖️ Work-life balance
Work is not everything. Carve out time for your family, friends, and fun hobbies.
👯 Social gatherings
Enjoy social gatherings, both with colleagues in your area, or remote. Not to forget about the larger events in Denmark.
🧑🎓 Skill development
We support your skill development with a dedicated education budget to attend seminars and courses.
🐥 Family friendly
We cherish families and understand that daily life can be full of unexpected events. We are happy to grant you the freedom to look after that with the priority it deserves.
🏙 Co-working space in a central area
Our co-working space is being identified among a few options and its location may be shared during your recruitment process.
🏡 Remote work
Of course, we don't expect you to be spending all your days in an office. That may be and should stay as a nice addition for those who wish their workspace to be "anywhere".
🌍 Our team is very international and so far includes people from over 35 different countries. Our company language is English.
🎪 A couple of times each year we press pause on our daily projects and retrieve to a remote location. We get together for socialising and hacking on side projects - we call this Shape Games Weekend. It is a lot of fun.